CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.57
- £22.94Trending at £23.26
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £41.08
- £42.67Trending at £47.49
- £20.65Trending at £21.59
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributors to Language Ideologies, Policies and Practices investigate the workings of language ideologies in relation to other social processes in a globalizing world.
- Author BiographyLUKAS BLEICHENBACHER is Lecturer in Linguistics, University of Teacher Education Thurgau (PHTG) and University of Zurich, Switzerland JAN BLOMMAERT is Professor of Linguistic Anthropology, Tilburg University, the Netherlands GERRIT BRAND is Book Editor of the daily newspaper Die Burger in Capetown, South Africa CHRISTOPHER BRUMFIT (d. 2006) former Professor of Applied Linguistics, University of Southampton, UK BRIGITTA BUSCH Senior Research Fellow, Department of Applied Linguistics, University of Vienna, Austria ANNA DUSZAK Head of the Institute of Applied Linguistics, Warsaw University, Poland where she is Professor of Linguistics, as well as Professor in the Warsaw School of Applied Psychology SUSAN GAL Mae and Sidney G. Metzl Distinguished Service Professor in Anthropology and Linguistics, University of Chicago, USA ROBERT GOULD is Adjunct Research Professor in the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, and in the Institute of European and Russian Studies, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada KATRIJN MARYNS teaches at the Universities of Ghent and Lessius (KUL) TOMMASO M. MILANI is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow on the AHRC-funded 'BBC Voices' project, University of Leeds, UK THOMAS RICENTO is Professor and Chair, English as an Additional Language, University of Calgary, Canada REMY ROUILLARD is a Doctoral candidate in the Department of Anthropology at McGill University, Montreal, Canada MASSIMILIANO SPOTTI is a postdoctoral fellow, Department of Language and Culture Studies as well as a member of Babylon, Centre for the Studies of the Multicultural Society, Tilburg University, the Netherlands CHRISTIAN VOSS is Professor of South Slavic Linguistic and Cultural Studies at Humboldt-University, Berlin
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/12/2005
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleLanguage and Globalization
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note4 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 268 p. 4 illus.
- Weight365 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byClare Mar-Molinero,Patrick Stevenson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.