Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £28.42Trending at £35.09
- £39.15Trending at £49.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps readers learn the principles of natural language processing. It features a hands-on approach throughout, with extensive exercises, sample code in Prolog and Perl, and a detailed introduction to Prolog.
- Author BiographyPierre Nugues is a professor in the Dept. of Computer Science of Lund University. His research is focused on natural language processing for advanced user interfaces and spoken dialogue. This includes the design and the implementation of conversational agents within a multimodal framework and text visualization. He led the team that designed a navigation agent - Ulysse - that enables a user to navigate in a virtual reality environment using language, and the team that designed the CarSim system that generates animated 3D scenes from written texts. He has taught natural-language processing and computational linguistics at the following institutions: ISMRA, Caen, France; University of Nottingham, UK; Staffordshire University, UK; FH Konstanz, Germany; Lund University, Sweden and Ghent University, Belgium.
- Author(s)Pierre M. Nugues
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- Series TitleCognitive Technologies
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note18 Illustrations, color; 182 Illustrations, black and white; XXV, 662 p. 200 illus., 18 illus. in color.
- Weight1190 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.