Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.12
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.21Trending at £25.37
- £14.15Trending at £22.06
- £10.89Trending at £12.30
- £27.75Trending at £47.99
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a critical update on major issues that have engaged the field of language testing since its inception. Suitable for those working in, studying or teaching language testing, this title offers the information, discussions, and reflections that address major developments within the field over the past decades.
- Author BiographyJanna Fox is an Associate Professor and Director of the Language Assessment and Testing Research Unit within the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies at Carleton University. She teaches courses in assessment, curriculum, and research methods. Her research interests are language test development and validation, and the interplay between assessment, curricula, and language policy.Mari Wesche is a recently retired Professor and former Director of the Second Language Institute and is still active in the Education Graduate Studies program of the University of Ottawa. Her main teaching areas have been second language acquisition, assessment, and content-based second language instruction, with research emphases in second language vocabulary acquisition and assessment, language aptitude, performance-based testing, and immersion instruction.Doreen Bayliss is the former head of Testing and Research Support Services at the Second Language Institute, University of Ottawa. Throughout her career, she has focused on test development and validation. Since her retirement, she has continued to engage in testing projects around the world.Liying Cheng is an Associate Professor and a Director of the Assessment and Evaluation Group (AEG) at the Faculty of Education, Queen's University. Her primary research interests are the impact of large-scale testing of instruction, and the relationship between assessment and instruction in EFL/ESL classrooms.Carolyn E. Turner is an Associate Professor in the Department of Integrated Studies in Education at McGill University. Her main focus and commitment are language assessment and testing in educational settings and more recently in health care contexts concerning access for linguistic minorities. She pursues these through her research, teaching, and service.Christine Does is a doctoral candidate studying language assessment in educational contexts in the Faculty of Education, Queen's University. Her specific research interests relate to the use of diagnostic assessment to support learning.
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- Series TitleActexpress
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight280 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byCarolyn E. Turner,Christine Doe,Doreen Bayliss,Janna D. Fox,Liying Cheng,Mari Wesche
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.