All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis interdisciplinary collection of articles, written by scholars involved in translating the Bible into various languages around the world, demonstrates that such translation projects are promoting the vitality of local languages, both those that are endangered and those that are still fairly healthy but non-empowered.
- Author BiographyMarianne Beerle-Moor received her doctorate in linguistics from the University of Zurich, Switzerland. Her primary sphere of research is the languages of the Caucasus, especially Lezgi. Among other honors, she has been recognized by the president of Kalmykia and the president of Sakha (Yakutia) for her contribution to language development in these regions of the Russian Federation. Beerle-Moor has also been awarded an honorary doctorate by the Russian Academy of Sciences for her work as director of the Institute for Bible Translation from 1997 to 2013. Vitaly Voinov received his PhD in linguistics from the University of Texas at Arlington, United States. He is one of the main editors of the first-ever translation of the Bible into the Tuvan language of Siberia and the author of Politeness Devices in the Tuvan Language. Voinov currently serves as director of the Institute for Bible Translation in Moscow, Russia.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2015
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBerkeley Insights in Linguistics and Semiotics
- Series Part/Volume Number95
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight470 g
- Edited byMarianne Beerle-Moor,Vitaly Voinov
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £8.45Trending at £8.98
- £7.91Trending at £8.98
- £6.00Trending at £6.31
- £6.79Trending at £6.92
- £17.40Trending at £19.95
- £25.37Trending at £37.37
- £17.18Trending at £20.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.