All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines language and communication as an inherent part of on-going organizational processes. It explores language and communication as constitutive of work; analyses how they actually 'work'; and examines their role as part of strategic and institutional work in and around organizational phenomena.
- Author BiographyFrancois Cooren is Professor and chair of the Department of Communication at the Universite de Montreal, Canada. He is past president of the International Communication Association (ICA, 2010-2011) and the current president of the International Association for Dialogue Analysis (IADA, 2012-2014). His research interests lies in organizational communication, language and social interaction, communication theory and pragmatics. He has published seven books (both as an author and editor), close to 50 articles in international peer-reviewed journals and more than twenty book chapters. Haridimos Tsoukas is the Columbia Ship Management Professor of Strategic Management at the University of Cyprus, Cyprus and a Professor of Organization Studies at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, UK. He has published widely in several leading academic journals and was the Editor-in-Chief of Organization Studies (2003-2008). He is the editor (with Christian Knudsen) of The Oxford Handbook of Organization Theory (Oxford University Press, 2003). He has also edited Organizations as Knowledge Systems, Palgrave Macmillan, 2004 (with N. Mylonopoulos) and Managing the Future: Foresight in the Knowledge Economy, Blackwell, 2004 (with J. Shepherd). His book Complex Knowledge: Studies in Organizational Epistemology was published by Oxford University Press in 2005. He is also the author of the book If Aristotle were a CEO (in Greek, Kastaniotis, 2005, 2nd edition). Eero Vaara is Professor of Management and Organization at Hanken School of Economics in Helsinki, Finland. He is a permanent Visiting Professor at EMLYON Business School, France, a Distinguished Visiting Scholar at Lancaster University, UK, and an Adjunct Professor at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark. His research interests focus on organizational and institutional change, strategic practices and processes, multinational corporations and globalization, management education, and methodological issues in organization and management research. He has worked especially on discursive and narrative approaches. His work has been published in leading journals and several books. Ann Langley is professor of management at HEC Montreal and Canada research chair in strategic management in pluralistic settings. Her research focuses on strategic change, leadership, innovation and the use of management tools in complex organizations with an emphasis on processual research approaches. She has published over 50 articles and two books.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePerspectives on Process Organization Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byAnn Langley,Eero Vaara,Francois Cooren,Haridimos Tsoukas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.