Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a guide for trainee and beginning teachers on how to use talk in the classroom. It explores the theory behind the teaching of language and communication skills and includes lots of practical advice on how to translate this into the classroom.
- Author BiographyKate Allott is Senior Lecturer in Education at York St John University. Kate worked as a literacy consultant in a local authority from the inception of the National Literacy Strategy. More recently she spent two years as a regional adviser with the Primary National Strategy, working on the Communication, Language and Literacy Development initiative. David Waugh is subject leader for Primary English at Durham University. A former deputy headteacher, David worked in ITT from 1990 at the University of Hull, where he led the PGCE course and became Head of Department. In 2008 he was appointed as National Strategies Regional Adviser for ITT. As well as his educational writing, David also writes children's stories, including Lottie's Run published in 2015.
- Author(s)David Waugh,Kate Allott
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.