Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £21.79Trending at £22.07
- £28.00Trending at £30.27
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive A-Z guide to the main terms and concepts used in the study of language and linguistics, and definitions. It features: terms used in grammatical analysis; branches of linguistics; approaches used in studying language; linguistic phenomena; and, language varieties from pidgin to standard language.
- Author BiographyR.L. Trask (1994-2004) was the highly regarded Professor of Linguistics at the University of Sussex. His numerous publications included Language: the Basics (1995) and A Dictionary of Phonetics and Phonology (1995). Peter Stockwell is Professor of Literary Linguistics at the University of Nottingham and the editor of the Routledge English Language Introductions Series.
- Author(s)R. L. Trask
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2007
- Series TitleRoutledge Key Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byPeter Stockwell
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.