CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.67
- £17.29Trending at £28.14
- £23.56Trending at £40.20
- £11.91Trending at £20.09
- £15.17Trending at £24.12
- £8.63Trending at £16.56
- £17.28Trending at £22.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe present volume offers a collection of essays covering a broad range of areas where currently a rapprochement between linguistics and biology is actively being sought.
- Author BiographyCedric Boeckx is Research Professor at the Catalan Institute for Advanced Studies (ICREA), and a member of the Linguistics Department at the University of Barcelona. He is the author of numerous books, including Islands and Chains (2003), Linguistic Minimalism (2006), Understanding Minimalist Syntax (2007), Bare Syntax (2008), and Language in Cognition (2009); and the founding co-editor, with Kleanthes K. Grohmann, of the Open Access journal Biolinguistics. Maria del Carmen Horno-Cheliz is Professor of General Linguistics at the University of Zaragoza. Her research has focused on the syntax/semantics interface. She is the author of Lo que la preposicion esconde (2001). At present she is interested in the nature of the lexicon and its relationships with syntactic computation, and with memory and cognition. Jose-Luis Mendivil-Giro is Professor of General Linguistics at the University of Zaragoza. He was the main researcher working on the project Typology and Internal Variation of the Case and Agreement Systems in the World's Languages, and is the author of Gramatica natural. La gramatica generativa y la tercera cultura (2003), and Origen, evolucion y diversidad de las lenguas. Una aproximacion biolinguistica (2009).
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byCedric Boeckx,Jose-Luis Mendivil-Giro,Maria del Carmen Horno-Cheliz
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.