All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage in the Inner City firmly establishes African American Vernacular English not simply as slang but as a well-formed set of rules of pronunciation and grammar capable of conveying complex logic and reasoning and confirms the Black vernacular as a separate and independent dialect of English.
- Author BiographyWilliam Labov is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Pennsylvania and the author of Sociolinguistic Patterns, also published by the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Author(s)William Labov
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1973
- Series TitleConduct & Communication
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight643 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £9.75Trending at £12.79
- £24.99Trending at £25.80
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £21.73Trending at £23.78
- £20.42Trending at £23.99
- £14.58Trending at £15.20
- £63.23Trending at £92.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.