Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £10.95+ £3.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by bellasalute
- See details for delivery est.
- £6.99+ £5.10 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by mrsharpshooter
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHayao Miyazaki's fantasy adventure begins with a chase scene through a flying ship, where all the passengers are after the young girl, Sheeta. Going overboard to avoid capture, Sheeta is rescued by her powerful crystal necklace which floats her down to safety. She's recovered by Pazu, a young resourceful boy who works in a small mining town. Sharing a common desire to see Laputa, the castle in the sky, Pazu and Sheeta team up to outrun the pirates and the military. Led by hard-bitten matriarch Dola (voice of Cloris Leachman), the pirates are a rowdy yet dimwitted group of brothers who are after Laputa's treasure. Led by the greedy yet civilized Muska (voice of Mark Hamill), the military is after Laputa's secret powers. Everyone races to get to the abandoned castle of Laputa, which has been overgrown with vines and plant life. Its only inhabitants are the animals and robots who protect a magical garden. As the different parties fight over who gets to control Laputa, it's up to Sheeta to use her ancient knowledge to save it from ultimate destruction. The English-language version also includes the voices of Mandy Patinkin and Andy Dick.
- Director 1Hayao Miyazaki
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2006
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time125 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- ceril_squirrel_...03 Apr, 2011by
Laputa is Japanese anime at its most visual excellence.
Laputa - the Castle in the Sky  - was inspired by Gulliver's Travels, the fantasy-adventure was Hayao Miyazaki's third feature, and helped to establish his reputation as a visionary in both Japan and America. The orphan Sheeta inherited a mysterious crystal that links her to the legendary sky-kingdom of Laputa. With the help of resourceful Pazu and a rollicking band of sky pirates, she makes her way to the ruins of the once-great civilization. Sheeta and Pazu must outwit the evil Muska, who plans to use Laputa's science to make himself ruler of the world. Castle echoes elements in Myazaki's earlier Nausicaä, and anticipates imagery in his later films, from My Neighbor Totoro to Spirited Away. Disney's new English dub, which features Anna Paquin (Sheeta), James Van Der Beek (Pazu), and Cloris Leachman (pirate matriarch Dola), is lively and close in tone to the original Japanese, if a bit talkier. The exciting flying sequences, appealing characters, and fantastic vision of a steam-powered future Jules Verne might have imagined make Castle in the Sky a must-have for fans of Japanese and Western animation. Laputa - Castle in the Sky is an outstanding anime film that all members of the family will enjoy and grow to love and adore the excitment, and highs and lows of the adventure. An AAA-rated film a must for all anime fans from the award winning anime visual mind of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli. Read full review
- 1990vanja02 Mar, 2010by
Studio Ghibli has done it again.!
This movie, like all the other movies that come from Studio Ghibli, has a great imagination. You come into a world that you know nothing about and you can never guess what to expect. Although the movie may seem a little bit long, I really like it.
- mixfruits121 Dec, 2009by
amazing animation truly briliant adventurous treasure
the soundtrack is amazing with such an amazing melody. the characters are unforgetable the animation is real in a sence bt always dreamlike in its quality. this movie is one of the finest feature legnth animated movie if not the best.
- vignolentertain...12 Oct, 2009by
This his the first official film produced by Studio Ghibli. It is the lovely adventure of two boys, Pazu and Sheeta, who want to find Laputa, the legendary floating island. Funny, moving and touching, this film shows the sunniest side of Miyazaki's art, and anyone who loves anime and cartoons should see it.
- peterh724023 Dec, 2008by
Laputa - Castle in the Sky
A feast of imaginative fun and adventure from Studio Ghibli, who gave the world "Spirited Away". This is an epic tale about a girl with a magic crystal, sky pirates, really bad baddies and a young hero. The colour and the flying sequences are stunning and the imagination behind the film is matchless.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £6.10Trending at £8.22
- £10.00Trending at £18.93
- £5.49Trending at £5.74
- £27.49Trending at £31.77
- £8.95Trending at £9.61
- £5.49Trending at £7.19
- £11.50Trending at £21.23