Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £5.62+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.69Free P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by julies.bookshop
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1939 and the war in Europe casts a long, all-encompassing shadow. In a sleepy town in Suffolk, the generous and determined widow, La, forms an amateur orchestra to entertain the locals and soothe her own broken heart. She recruits Felix, a refugee from Poland, to play the flute, and a touching friendship emerges.
- Author BiographyAlexander McCall Smith was born in what is now Zimbabwe and taught law at the University of Botswana. He is now Professor of Medical Law at the University of Edinburgh. He has written more than fifty books, including a number of specialist titles, but is best known for The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, which has achieved bestseller status on four continents. In 2004 he was awarded British Book Awards Author of the Year and Booksellers Association Author of the Year.
- Author(s)Alexander McCall Smith
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited
- Out-of-print date12/12/2011
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £12.18Trending at £15.18
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £8.99
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.