Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduces key geographical concepts while providing an informative primer on Latin America. This book covers cultural history; environment and physical geography; land use, agriculture, and urbanization; social and economic processes; and the Latin American diaspora. It also includes tables, vignettes, over 160 photographs and maps.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Kent is Chair and Professor of Geography and Planning at the University of Akron. He earned a BA and MA from the University of California, Davis, and a PhD from Syracuse University. His research and publications have focused broadly on the human geography of Latin America, especially the Andes and Central America, and on the evolving geography of Latin Americans in the United States. He has traveled, lived, and worked throughout Latin America, including 3 years as an urban and regional planner in Peru for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and has worked as a consultant for USAID in Bolivia on numerous occasions. He has been a Fulbright Scholar at the Universidad Nacional de San Juan in San Juan, Argentina, and at the Universidad Pedagogica Nacional in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. He is a past chair of the Conference of Latin Americanist Geographers and a past councillor and treasurer of the Association of American Geographers. Dr. Kent is the editor of Region in Transition: An Economic and Social Atlas of Northeast Ohio and a coeditor of Regional Development and Planning for the 21st Century, and he has published numerous articles and book chapters on regional development, urban planning, cartography, GIS, and cultural geography.
- Author(s)Robert B. Kent
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication28/07/2005
- Series TitleTexts in Regional Geography
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Out-of-print date06/08/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight810 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.