All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
About this product
- DescriptionA medical authority, Girolamo Fracastoro (1478--1553) was also a prominent Neo-Latin poet. This volume includes his didactic poem Syphilis, which gave the name to the disease and contains the first poetical description of Columbus' discovery of America; a short Biblical epic, the Joseph; and the Carmina, a collection of shorter poetry.
- Author BiographyJames Gardner is a writer and art critic who lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Girolamo Fracastoro
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- Language(s)English & Latin
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe I Tatti Renaissance Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Weight635 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byJames Gardner
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.