All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSussex Academic Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSussex Academic Press
- Weight458 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Moore Willingham
- Table Of ContentsThe Essays; Apparatus; Translations into English; Style, notes, & chronology; Using the Works Cited; A Biography of Laura Esquivel; An Introduction to Esquivel Criticism; Like Water for Chocolate Like Water for Chocolate: The novels early critical reception; Like Water for Chocolate: The novel & the critics; Like Water for Chocolate: The film & the critics; The Law of Love; Swift as Desire; Malinche: A Novel; Future directions in Esquivel criticism; Laura Esquivels Mexican Chocolate; El chocolate mexicano de Laura Esquivel; Crossing Gender Borders: Subversion of Cinematic Melodrama in Like Water for Chocolate; Unmasked Men: Sex Roles in Like Water for Chocolate; The Absence of God & the Presence of Ancestors in Laura Esquivels Like Water for Chocolate; Gendered Spaces, Gendered Knowledge: A Cultural Geography of Kitchenspace in Central Mexico; Transformation, Code, & Mimesis: Healing the Family in Like Water for Chocolate; Cultural Identity & the Cosmos: Laura Esquivels Predictions for a New Millennium in The Law of Love; Laura Esquivels Quantum Leap in The Law of Love; The Two Mexicos of Swift as Desire; Malinche: Fleshing out the Foundational Fictions of the Conquest of Mexico; Esquivels Malinalli: Refusing the Last Word on La Malinche; Esquivels Fiction in the Context of Latin American Womens Writing; Glossary of Spanish & Nahuatl Words & Phrases; Index.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Moore Willingham is a medievalist, text scholar, and Romance linguist. She is series editor for the Old French Lancelot of Yale 229 for Brepols and has published critical work in Latin American fiction and film, including Laura Esquivels Mexican Fictions (Sussex 2010). She is Associate Professor in the Department of Modern Foreign Languages at Baylor University where she teaches Old Spanish, Romance Linguistics, and Hispanic literature and film.
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.66Trending at £8.79
- £8.93Trending at £9.52
- £7.33Trending at £7.70
- £6.54Trending at £8.96
- £7.27Trending at £8.33
- £17.11Trending at £21.93
- £12.06Trending at £12.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.