All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis much-anticipated and highly readable biography of the painter Dame Laura Knight (1877 - 1970) - one of the leading British painters of the twentieth century - explores her relationships, professional challenges and achievements and reflects the radical social and cultural shifts that took place during her lifetime.
- Author BiographyThe cultural historian Dr Barbara C. Morden specialises in art and literary history. She was born & educated in Newcastle-upon Tyne & studied at the Universities of Nottingham & Newcastle. She is well known in the North East of England, nationally & internationally for her entertaining & scholarly lectures & presentations. For several years she has worked for the Open University (UK) as an Arts Consultant & Associate Lecturer. Best known for her best-selling book John Martin: Apocalypse Now! (2010),she is a regular contributor to the English Review & has recently given lectures & gallery tours in Newcastle, Sheffield, Nottingham & Norwich. Currently she is researching & writing a biography of the English Impressionist painter Dame Laura Knight.
- Author(s)Barbara C. Morden
- PublisherMcNidder & Grace
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationPembroke Dock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcNidder & Grace
- Content Note34 full colour illustrations and 30 b/w illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width197 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £10.14Trending at £10.38
- £12.16Trending at £12.55
- £6.60Trending at £6.99
- £14.01Trending at £20.40
- £16.63Trending at £19.99
- £4.90Trending at £5.94
- £10.58Trending at £12.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.