All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £12.28Trending at £14.50
- £20.00Trending at £28.08
- £29.59Trending at £37.77
- £19.38Trending at £21.35
- £39.18Trending at £59.99
- £7.72Trending at £7.84
- £5.62Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines the role of law in economic development. It focuses on China and analyzes how the development policies and institutional characteristics of the emerging Chinese market economy might aid policymakers, in developed and developing countries, to create and reform frameworks to achieve equitable and sustained development.
- Author BiographyDavid Kennedy joined the Harvard Law faculty in 1981 and holds a Ph.D. from the Fletcher School at Tufts University and a J.D. from Harvard. He has worked on numerous international projects as an attorney, including work with the United Nations, the Commission of the European Union, and with the private firm of Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen and Hamilton in Brussels, where his work combined European antitrust litigation, government relations advising, and general corporate law. A member of the Council on Foreign Relations, he has served as Chair of the World Economic Forum's Global Advisory Council on Global Governance. At Harvard, he served as Chair of the Graduate Committee and Faculty Director of International Legal Studies. He has lectured as a Visiting Professor at numerous universities across the across the world. In 2008-2009, he served as Vice President for International Affairs, Professor of Law and David and Marianna Fisher University Professor of International Relations at Brown University. Joseph E. Stiglitz is the winner of the 2001 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics, and a lead author of the 1995 report of the IPCC, which shared the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize. He was chairman of the U.S. Council of Economic Advisors under President Clinton and chief economist and senior vice president of the World Bank for 1997-2000. Prior to Columbia he held the Drummond Professorship at All Souls College Oxford, and professorships at Yale, Stanford, and Princeton. He is the author of the best-selling Globalization and Its Discontents, Making Globalization Work, Fair Trade For All, and most recently of Freefall: America, Free Markets, and the Sinking of the World Economy. He has presented invited lectures on many occasions at the China Development Forum and other events in China
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleInitiative for Policy Dialogue
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note46 Figures, 16 Tables
- Weight960 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byDavid Kennedy,Jr.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.