Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.95
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe complete picture of methods and strategies in industrial and academic lead finding and optimization, covering standard as well as novel approaches and highlighting their strengths and weaknesses. Includes several case studies of recent successful lead generation projects.
- Author BiographyJoerg Holenz is a trained organic and medicinal chemist and acquired his PhD in Germany on the synthesis of alkaloids as antimalarial agents. After leading the preclinical activities of the marketed analgesic Tapentadol (Grunenthal Pharmaceuticals GmbH), he headed the medicinal chemistry department of Barcelona-based Laboratorios Esteve. He then moved to AstraZeneca's CNS/ pain research unit in Sweden to head lead generation chemistry. In 2012, Joerg was selected to join AZ's newly formed 'virtual' neuroscience unit in Boston as director of discovery and preclinical sciences. As a project leader he is responsible for pioneering a novel concept of driving research and development projects via increased use of academic and industry collaborative networks. In his career, Joerg worked predominantly with peripheral and central targets in the pain and neuroscience disease areas. He has edited, authored or contributed to more than 45 publications, 50 patent applications and several books and book chapters.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication04/05/2016
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleMethods and Principles in Medicinal Chemistry
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight2058 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edited byJorg Holenz,Markus Haeberlein
- Series Edited byRaimund Mannhold,Hugo Kubinyi,Gerd Folkers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.