Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.82Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.46Trending at £7.19
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/12/2013
- Series TitleLeadership: Research and Practice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 11 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byRonald E. Riggio,Sherylle J. Tan
- Table Of Contents1. The Hard Science of Studying and Developing Leader Soft Skills R. Riggio, S.J. Tan Section I: Foundational Models for Leader Interpersonal Skills and Competencies 2. Toward the Development of a Model and a Measure of Managerial Interpersonal Skills S.Pichler, G. Beenen 3. A Social Skills Model for Understanding the Foundations of Leader Communication R.E. Riggio Section II: Leader Emotional Competencies 4. Using a Multi-level Theory of Performance Based on Emotional Intelligence to Conceptualize and Develop Soft Leader Skills C. Cherniss, R.E. Boyatzis 5. The Role of Nonverbal Behavior in Leadership: An Integrative Review A. Darioly, M.S. Mast 6. A Conceptual Framework of Emotion Management in Leadership Contexts S. Connelly, T. Friedrich, W.B. Vessey, A. Klabzuba, E.A. Day, G. Ruark Section III: Influence and Political Skills of the Leader 7. Leader Ethos: How Character Contributes to the Social Influence of the Leader P.L. Jennings, S.T. Hannah 8. Leader Political Skill and Team Effectiveness: The Positioning of Political Skill in the Framework of Leader Competencies D.C. Treadway, C. Douglas, B.P. Ellen III, J.K. Summers, G.R. Ferris 9. Social Identity Framing: A Strategy of Social Influence for Social Change V. Seyranian Section IV: Implementing and Developing Leader Interpersonal and Influence Skills 10. Leveraging the Science of Memory to Enhance the Efficacy of Leader Communications J.A. Conger 11. Developing Capacity for Responsible Leadership: The Interactive Role of Identity and Competence Development C.R. Seal, J. Royce-Davis, K. Miguel, A. Andrews-Brown 12. Soft Skills Training: Best Practices in Industry and Higher Education S.E. Murphy, S. Putter, S.K. Johnson 13. Developing Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Competencies in MBA Programs: A Twenty-Five Year Perspective R.E. Boyatzis, A.Passarelli, H. Wei
- Author BiographyRonald E. Riggio, PhD, is the Henry R. Kravis Professor of Leadership and Organizational Psychology and the former Director of the Kravis Leadership Institute at Claremont McKenna College. His research focuses on leadership, organizational psychology, and emotional and nonverbal communication, and he is the author/editor of more than a dozen books and more than 150 articles and book chapters. His leadership interests include charismatic and transformational leadership, the role of communication and social skills in leader effectiveness, and the early development of leadership in children, adolescents, and young adults. He has received awards for teaching and research, and is committed to giving away research on leadership and psychology through popular writings and his Psychology Today blog, Cutting Edge Leadership. Sherylle J. Tan, PhD, is the Director of Internships and KLI Research at the Kravis Leadership Institute at Claremont McKenna College. Her current research focuses on undergraduate leadership education and program evaluation of leadership development programs. Specifically, the research on undergraduate leadership education seeks to establish an ongoing assessment of the long-term impact of leadership development and training in higher education. Much of Dr. Tan's research and publications focus on applying developmental theory and methods to understanding the issues of leadership development, women and leadership, work and family, and child development.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.