All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.30
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.43
- £8.01Trending at £12.04
- £8.99Trending at £9.30
- £5.06Trending at £6.72
About this product
- DescriptionFirmly based on up-to-date knowledge on management and leadership, critiqued and supported by action points, think points and case materials, this textbook comprises an essential resource for healthcare professionals and students.
- Author BiographyI am currently employed as a senior lecturer in Health and Life Sciences at Coventry University, and have until very recently also worked as Associate lecturer for the Open University. My role as external examiner at various Higher Education Institutions in my subject areas has also broadened my insights into the two subject areas that I teach and research: (1) learning, teaching and assessment (under- and post-graduate), and (2) management and leadership in healthcare settings. I qualified in 'Adult Nursing' in the first place and worked in general surgical nursing for a year before moving on to complete the 'registered mental health nurse' course. Through my nursing career, a combination of clinical experiences in primary care and general intensive care nursing was also supplemented by attendance at numerous professional development short and long courses, including various workshops on writing for publication and completing my doctorate in continuing professional education at Warwick University. My first peer-reviewed article was published in 1991 based on my then nurse tutor role. The 1990s when nurse education programmes became a part of university provision, this further opened up authoring opportunities, and I negotiated with Alison Poyner, commissioning editor at SAGE publications, to write the Mentoring and Supervision in Healthcare book, the first edition of which was published in 2007. Along the way, I also worked with SAGE publications to write Leadership and Management in Healthcare and Practice Teaching in Healthcare textbooks. I have also had chapters published in edited books, and a range of peer-reviewed articles.
- Author(s)Jo Galloway,Neil Gopee
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2008
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/09/2013
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight431 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.