All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a model of action for principals, school leaders and teachers, enabling them to build a collaborative culture through learning together and meeting students' needs as a team.
- Author BiographyConsulting Description: Data Consulting Description: Leadership Lyn Sharratt coordinates the doctoral internship program in Educational Administration for the Department of Leadership, Higher and Adult Education at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto. Lyn is the former Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction Services in the York Region District School Board, a large Canadian school district, where she and her curriculum team analyzed assessment data and developed a comprehensive literacy improvement program which they launched with the cooperation of senior leadership, principals in over 200 schools, and 9,000 teachers. The continuously improving 14 Parameter program resulted in increased achievement for a diverse, multicultural, and multilingual population of over 115,000 students, and the district became the top performing district in Ontario. Lyn has been a curriculum consultant and administrator, and she has also taught all elementary grades and secondary-age students in inner-city and rural settings. Lyn has analyzed and commented on public policy for a provincial trustee organization, the Ontario Public School Boards' Association, has taught pre-service education at York University, and led in-service professional learning in a provincial teachers' union head office. She is lead author, with Michael Fullan, of Realization: The Change Imperative for Increasing District-Wide Reform (Corwin, 2009); Putting FACES on the Data: What Great Leaders do! (Corwin, 2012), and with author/colleague Gale Harild, Good to Great to Innovate: Recalculating the Route to Career Readiness (Corwin, 2015). Currently, Lyn is on the Advisory Board of the International System and School Leadership Programs for the Ontario Principals' Council, is an Author Consultant for Corwin Publishing and consults internationally, working with states, systems, school districts, administrators, curriculum consultants, and teachers in Australia, Canada, Chile, the United States, the United Kingdom systematically increase all students' achievement by putting FACES on the data and taking intentional action to move from Good to Great to Innovate. Visit her website at www.lynsharratt.com; join her on Twitter @LynSharratt and participate with tens of thousands in her Educational Leadership Group on LinkedIn. Beate Planche is an educational practitioner, consultant and researcher. Beate is a sessional instructor in Graduate Education for the University of Western Ontario, Canada. Through her consulting work, Beate provides research, consulting and coaching for educators in the areas of literacy programming, collaborative inquiry, and inquiry-based learning for students. Beate is a former Superintendent of Curriculum and Instructional Services in the York Region District School Board as well as a former Superintendent supervising schools, a principal, vice principal and a co-director of a private school. During Beate's tenure as Superintendent of Curriculum and Instructional Services, the department she led served over 200 schools and 9,000 teachers through their work with Area Superintendents, area Learning Networks and their work with new teachers, and teachers seeking individual support. In her 20 years in educational administration, Beate has led in-service professional learning and has supported and mentored many new administrators, as well as curriculum and teacher leaders. Beate taught elementary as well as secondary students, spending a large portion of her career in Special Education working with students identified with learning disabilities. Beate has been an adjunct professor supporting teacher candidates for York University, has worked on contract with Ontario's Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat, and, is presently on the Boards of Learning Forward-Ontario and the Character Community Foundation of York Region. Beate is the author of over 20 published articles and reviewed papers. Visit Beate at LinkedIn,
- Author(s)Beate M. Planche,Lyn D. Sharratt
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £4.24Trending at £4.52
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £22.68
- £0.99Trending at £6.29
- £7.62Trending at £10.49
- £10.30Trending at £10.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.