All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £9.88Trending at £11.14
- £10.71Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.61
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.25
About this product
- Author(s)Alejandro Arroyo,Thomas W. Grisham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2017
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note62 black & white illustrations, 46 black & white halftones, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents Introduction Chapter 1 - Introduction How Extreme conditions challenge traditional project methodology Chapter 2 - Mining and Extreme Transport: why stakeholders should look twice before committing Chapter 3 - Mining and Extreme Infrastructure: what shareholders, directors, and management should look twice to before committing Chapter 4 - Mining Operations in Uncertain Environments: what executives and investors should take good care of well in advance Chapter 5 - Mining Operations in Uncertain Environments: what operations executives should first consider when deploying resources Chapter 6 - Ocean and River Logistics in Emerging Contexts: what variables should PMs pay special attention to in order to accomplish a sustainable operation Chapter 7 - Mining Operations in Emerging Asia and Oceania: what variables beyond the ordinary should PMs render a special look before committing technology and financial resources. Chapter 8 - Mining Operations in Emerging Eastern and Western Africa: where to keep a sharp eye on the operations and how to balance global context variables with those of a project in extreme settings. Chapter 9 - Suggestions for Practice Index
- Author BiographyAlejandro Arroyo has more than 30 years experience as operator and consultant in global project logistics, stakeholder management, environmental management, and strategic contextual assessment with respect to mining, oil and gas, hydropower, nuclear power and alternative energy projects. Alejandro has worked for and cooperated with a long list of well-known companies in both the natural resources and global transportation industries, such as Pan American Silver; Silver Standard; Aura Minerals; Talisman Energy; Talon Metals; AECL-CANDU; ABB; Alstom; FMC Lithium; ZIM Israel Navigation; and many others. Thomas Grisham has 40 years of project management and PMO experience gained on projects across a variety of business models and sectors, including medical, infrastructure, transportation, commercial, communications, finance, consulting, utilities, manufacturing, business development and more. Thomas has gained this experience in 73 countries, with expat assignments in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Japan, Korea, China and Hong Kong, and has experience with over 400 companies globally from Abbott Labs to ZTE.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.