All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a blizzard of warehouses and amusement parlours and slums descends on the small town of Macondo, the inhabitants reel at the accompanying stench of rubbish that makes their home unrecognisable. When the banana company leaves town as fast as it arrived, all they are left with is a void of decay.
- Author BiographyGabriel Garcia Marquez (1927- ) was born in Aracataca, Colombia. His most recent book, Memories of My Melancholy Whores, is his first new novel to be published in a decade and is available as a Penguin Paperback. He is the author of several novels, works of non-fiction and collections of short stories, including Leaf Storm (1955); One Hundred Years of Solitude (1967); The Autumn of the Patriarch (1975); Chronicle of a Death Foretold (1981) and The General in His Labyrinth (1989). He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982.
- Author(s)Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/1996
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleInternational Writers S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date28/04/2008
- Weight94 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £6.39Trending at £8.90
- £5.00Trending at £5.96
- £7.03Trending at £7.99
- £5.10Trending at £5.42
- £9.00Trending at £10.98
- £1.83Trending at £3.47
- £12.97Trending at £14.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.