Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £27.98
- £29.22Trending at £38.27
- £11.76Trending at £14.18
- £18.51Trending at £19.20
- £14.76Trending at £15.14
- £7.67Trending at £8.00
- £14.50Trending at £14.67
About this product
- DescriptionLean biomanufacturing re-visits lean principles and then applies them sympathetically - in a highly practical approach - to the specific needs of pharmaceutical processes, which present significantly different challenges to more mainstream manufacturing processes.
- Author BiographyNigel J. Smart PhD is a 30 year veteran of the biotechnology industry who has spent his career involved in developing and manufacturing numerous recombinant protein, monoclonal antibody and vaccine products. He holds a BSc from the University of Leicester, and an MSc and PhD in Fermentation Technology/Biochemical Engineeringfrom the University of Manchester. His career has spanned academia, Big Pharma and progressive biotechnology companies involved in cutting-edge biopharmaceutical products. For the last eleven years he has been a much sought-after consultant solving operational problems and compliance related issues to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry. This has also included advising the US government on manufacturing strategies to produce a variety of biological countermeasures for the biodefense program. As Managing Partner of Smart Consulting Group, Dr Smart is now a proponent of lean approaches to biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes and leads the company's business team in this area.
- Author(s)Nigel J. Smart
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Biomedicine
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight710 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.