Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.38Trending at £5.49
- £9.08Trending at £9.24
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
- £13.65Trending at £14.06
- £9.35Trending at £10.38
About this product
- DescriptionApplies the concept of value mapping to the efficient designing of a supply chain. This book shows how to analyze and map the total supply chain process, assessing any gaps or redundancies that waste time. It considers the complexity of multiple suppliers, distribution centers, and dispersed customers.
- Author BiographyDr. Chris Harris is a coauthor of the Shingo Prize-winning book Making Materials Flow, published by Jim Womack and the Lean Enterprise Institute. Chris has also coauthored two other books with Rick Harris, one on human resources' role in Lean manufacturing, entitled Developing a Lean Workforce, published by Productivity Press; and the other on the vital information flow in a production facility, entitled Lean Connections, also published by Productivity Press. Chris has also written many articles on Lean production systems. Chris began his Lean manufacturing training as a team member on the assembly line at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky (TMMK). He continued his Lean training at Toyota Tsusho America in Georgetown, Kentucky and at Delphi Alternator Division in Anderson, Indiana. Chris has a doctorate in business administration from the Anderson University Falls School of Business in Indiana. He is vice president of operations for Harris Lean Systems (www.harrisleansystems.com). Rick Harris is the president of Harris Lean Systems and has been helping companies to become Lean for the past 15 years. HLS, Inc. has been instrumental in assisting companies worldwide with major cost reductions. Rick helps with the actual implementation on the shop floor and the education of the workforce. He has pioneered the reverse flow process to achieve increases in efficiency. Rick has extensive experience in developing new manufacturing layouts that facilitate one-piece flow, operator flexibility, operator engagement, first time through quality, optimum uptime, and reduced capital investment. Rick has also coauthored the two Shingo Prize-winning books Creating Continuous Flow and Making Materials Flow, published by James Womack and the Lean Enterprise Institute. Rick has also coauthored two other books with his son, Dr. Chris Harris: Developing a Lean Workforce and Lean Connections. Rick received his Lean training while serving as a manager in assembly at the Toyota plant in Georgetown, Kentucky and continued his Lean learning at the Toyota Tsutsumi Assembly Plant in Japan. He was a member of the start-up team at TMMK, where he gained extensive knowledge of the Toyota Production System. Prior to his Toyota experience, he spent 15 years with General Motors. Chuck Streeter is the owner of Streeter Lean Principles, LLC located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Chuck has worked with Rick Harris for over ten years, helping companies navigate through their Lean business system transformation journeys. Chuck gained much of his Lean knowledge working for companies in the automotive and electrical industries, with a majority of that being under the guidance of Rick Harris. As a Lean practitioner he has helped guide facilities to best improved, plant of the year, and corporate excellence accolades while instilling the principles of Lean in both their manufacturing and business processes. Chuck gained his formal education with a bachelor of science in management from the U.S. Air Force Academy and a master of science in systems management from the Air Force Institute of Technology. Chuck is a level III certified acquisition program manager, as well as a retired commissioned officer in the U.S. Air Force Reserve.
- Author(s)Chris Harris,Chuck Streeter,Rick Harris
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication14/09/2010
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note69 black & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.