All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £91.22Free postage
- £91.76Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on how to conduct and lead groups in a variety of therapeutic settings, this book covers theory, process, leadership, techniques, ethics, special populations and challenges as they relate to group work in a positive, realistic and knowledgeable way.
- Author BiographyJeffrey A. Kottler is one of the most prolific authors in the fields of counseling, psychotherapy, and education, having written more than 90 books about a wide range of subjects. He has authored a dozen texts for counselors and therapists that are used in universities around the world and a dozen books each for practicing therapists and educators. Some of his most highly regarded works include Creative Breakthroughs in Therapy, The Mummy at the Dining Room Table: Eminent Therapists Reveal Their Most Unusual Cases and What They Teach Us About Human Behavior, Bad Therapy, The Client Who Changed Me, Divine Madness, Change: What Leads to Personal Transformation, Stories We've Heard, Stories We've Told: Life-Changing Narratives in Therapy and Everyday Life, and Therapy Over 50. He has been an educator for 40 years, having worked as a teacher, counselor, and therapist in preschool, middle school, mental health center, crisis center, nongovernmental organization, university, community college, private practice, and disaster relief settings. He has served as a Fulbright scholar and senior lecturer in Peru and Iceland, as well as worked as a visiting professor in New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Nepal. He is professor of counseling at California State University, Fullerton. Matt Englar-Carlson, PhD, is an associate professor of counseling at California State University, Fullerton. He received a master's degree in health psychology education from Stanford University, a master's degree in counselor education from the Pennsylvania State University, and a doctoral degree in counseling psychology from the Pennsylvania State University. He completed his APA accredited pre-doctoral internship in psychology at the University of Southern California Student Counseling Center. Matt co-edited In the Room with Men: A Casebook of Therapeutic Change (2006) and Counseling Troubled Boys (2008) and is the co-editor of the book series, Theories of Psychotherapy, published by American Psychological Association Books. Matt has taught group counseling and process to hundreds of students across the United States and has facilitated groups in schools, community settings, work sites, and in university settings.
- Author(s)Jeffrey A. Kottler,Matt Englar-Carlson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/07/2014
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £30.58Trending at £34.04
- £6.95Trending at £9.20
- £15.48Trending at £17.52
- £25.99Trending at £30.39
- £24.06Trending at £27.07
- £29.31Trending at £31.49
- £22.50Trending at £29.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.