Consider these sponsored items
- £42.82Free postage
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.13
- £9.60Trending at £9.75
- £12.17Trending at £13.32
- £11.19Trending at £12.34
- £6.36Trending at £6.92
- £5.54Trending at £5.97
- £9.09Trending at £12.47
About this product
- DescriptionIn cities across the nation, low-income African American and Latino parents hope that their children's education will bring a better life. But their schools, typically, are overcrowded. This work documents a radical approach to school reform that includes grassroots public activism informed by social inquiry.
- Author BiographyJeannie Oakes is Presidential Professor in Educational Equity and Director of UCLA's Institute for Democracy, Education, and Access (IDEA). John Rogers is the Associate Director of IDEA and the founding editor of Teaching to Change LA, an online journal. Martin Lipton is Communications Analyst at IDEA and a former public high school teacher.
- Author(s)Jeannie Oakes,John Rogers
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2006
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJohn Dewey Lecture S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map, ports.
- Weight290 g
- Width167 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.