Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £17.30
- £23.54Trending at £24.06
- £18.29Trending at £22.21
- £21.69Trending at £22.68
- £23.71Trending at £26.31
- £22.69Trending at £24.29
- £20.52Trending at £22.49
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with engaging activities, this resource helps teachers plan developmentally appropriate homework assignments that encourage positive learning experiences and reinforce home-school connections.
- Author BiographyAnn C. Barbour is professor emerita of early childhood education at California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA). A former preschool and elementary teacher, she has over 30 years' experience in the field of early education. At CSULA, she teaches courses in best practices and trends and issues in early education, the role of play in learning, and school-family partnerships. She has coauthored two books: Prop Box Play: 50 Themes to Inspire Dramatic Play and Portfolio Assessment: A Handbook for Preschool and Elementary Teachers, as well as numerous articles on early childhood education. Barbour has worked with teachers, district administrators, parent representatives, and her own students in learning-at-home projects based on materials children take home from school. She also helped develop the Peabody Award-winning television series, A Place of Our Own and Los Ninos en Su Casa, and was content advisor for each of the 325 episodes produced in English and in Spanish. These series are designed to help parents and caregivers nurture the development and enrich the learning experiences of preschool-age children. They are broadcast daily on public television stations throughout the nation.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byAnn C. Barbour
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.