All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the different ways of teaching that are free from determinist beliefs about ability. Drawing on a research project at the University of Cambridge, this book features 9 case studies that describe how teachers have developed alternative practices despite considerable pressure on them and on their schools and classrooms.
- Author BiographySusan Hart has worked as a teacher and researcher in schools and universities for over 30 years. Her specific area of interest has always been the dynamics of classroom life. She is currently teaching in a college of further education. Annabelle Dixon was trained as an infant teacher, psychologist and educational researcher,and has had a long and varied career in primary schools. She has maintained a life-long stance against streaming, both in theory and in practice. Mary Jane Drummond was an infant teacher for many years before joining what is now the Faculty of Education at the University of Cambridge. She has taught on a variety of professional development courses, specializing in the early years of childhood. Donald McIntyre has been engaged in research into teaching and teacher education for 40 years. His previous publications include Effective Teaching and Learning: Teachers' and Pupils' Perspectives (Open University Press, 1996).
- Author(s)Annabelle Dixon,Donald McIntyre,Mary Jane Drummond,Susan Hart
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight1 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.67Trending at £3.79
- £12.88Trending at £16.17
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.45
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.01
- £54.14Trending at £82.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.