Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAl Venter was rarely conventional in his approach to problems encountered in the Middle East.
- Author BiographyAl J. Venter is a specialist military writer and has had 50 books published. He started his career with Geneva s Interavia Group, then owners of International Defence Review, to cover military and related developments in the Middle East and Africa. Venter has been writing on these and related issues such as guerrilla warfare, insurgency, the Middle East and conflict in general for half a century. He was involved with Jane s Information Group for more than 30 years and was a stringer for the BBC, NBC News (New York) as well as London s Daily Express and Sunday Express. He branched into television work in the early 1980s and produced more than 100 documentaries, many of which were internationally flighted. His one-hour film, Africa s Killing Fields (on the Ugandan civil war), was shown nationwide in the United States on the PBS network. Other films include an hour-long programme on the fifth anniversary of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, as well as AIDS: The African Connection, nominated for China s Pink Magnolia Award. His last major book was Portugal s Guerrilla Wars in Africa, nominated in 2013 for New York s Arthur Goodzeit military history book award. It has gone into three editions, including translation into Portuguese.
- Author(s)Al J. Venter
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2017
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note80 b/w & 30 colour illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.00
- £31.49Trending at £34.19
- £13.79Trending at £20.01
- £5.43Trending at £5.49
- £23.44Trending at £40.21
- £9.70Trending at £10.26
- £6.18Trending at £6.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.