All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContains commentary on the Purgatorio by various scholars. This book presents to the nonspecialist reader one of the cantos of the transitional middle cantica of Dante's unique Christian epic. It provides awareness of Dante's timeless aspirations and achievements.
- Author BiographyAllen Mandelbaum is W.R. Kenan, Jr., Professor of Humanities at Wake Forest University and a National Book Award winner. He is the translator of the UC Press facing-text editions of Dante's Divine Comedy (in three volumes: Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso), as well as the UC Press editions of the verse translations of The Odyssey of Homer and The Aeneid of Virgil. Anthony Oldcorn is Chair of Italian at Brown University. Charles Ross is Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Purdue University.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2008
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 b/w photograph
- Weight481 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAllen Mandelbaum,Anthony Oldcorn,Charles Ross
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.