All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharlotte married her soldier husband to escape from the claustrophobic respectability of Victorian life in Richmond. When she reached the British lines in Kabul she was bewitched by the exotic world of Afghanistan. As the city of Kabul was turned into a hell of bloodshed, Charlotte was forced to choose between her husband and lover.
- Author BiographyCaroline Harvey is the pseudonym of Joanna Trollope, the highly acclaimed author of bestselling contemporary novels. The Choir, A Village Affair, A Passionate Man, The Rector's Wife, The Men and the Girls, A Spanish Lover, The Best of Friends, Next of Kin, Other People's Children, Marrying the Mistress, Girl from the South and Second Honeymoon are all published by Black Swan. She has also written a study of women in the British Empire, Britannia's Daughters. As Caroline Harvey she has written several historical novels including A Second Legacy, Parson Harding's Daughter, The Steps of the Sun, Leaves from the Valley, The Brass Dolphin, City of Gems and The Taverners' Place, which are all published by Corgi Books. Joanna Trollope was born in Gloucestershire, where she still lives. She was appointed OBE in the 1996 Queen's Birthday Honours List for services to literature.
- Author(s)Caroline Harvey
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/1992
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1993
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Out-of-print date31/08/2013
- Weight260 g
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.70Trending at £3.81
- £5.29Trending at £8.96
- £5.43Trending at £9.01
- £7.92Trending at £10.95
- £4.39Trending at £6.27
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
- £4.55Trending at £4.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.