CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.99Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £19.79Trending at £27.15
- £7.62Trending at £9.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe inner workings of the House of Representatives in the post-World War II era.
- Author BiographyGary W. Cox is a Distinguished Professor of Political Science at the University of California, San Diego. In addition to numerous articles in the areas of legislative and electoral politics, he is author of The Efficient Secret (winner of the Samuel H. Beer dissertation prize in 1983); co-author of Legislative Leviathan: Party Government in the House (winner of the Richard F. Fenno Prize in 1993) and Elbridge Gerry's Salamander: The Electoral Consequences of the Reapportionment Revolution (Cambridge, 2002); and author of Making Votes Count: Strategic Coordination in the World's Electoral Systems (1997), which was awarded APSA's award for the best book in political science (Woodrow Wilson Foundation Award), the best book in comparative politics (Gregory Luebbert Prize), and the best book in political economy. His latest book, Setting the Agenda: Responsible Party Government in the US House of Representatives, with co-author Mathew McCubbins, was published in 2005. Cox is a former Guggenheim Fellow and was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 1996. Mathew D. McCubbins is a Professor of Political Science at the University of California, San Diego. His authored and co-authored works include Legislative Leviathan: Party Government in the House, 1st Edition (1993); Under the Watchful Eye: Managing Presidential Campaigns in the Television Era (1992); and Stealing the Initiative: How State Government Responds to Direct Democracy (2001). Recent co-edited books include The Origins of Liberty: Political and Economic Liberalization in the Modern World (1997) and Elements of Reason: Cognition, Choice, and the Bounds of Rationality (2000). His most recent book is Setting the Agenda: Responsible Party Government in the US House of Representatives (Cambridge, 2005) with Gary Cox. McCubbins is also the author of numerous articles in journals such as Legislative Studies Quarterly; the Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization; Law and Contemporary Problems and the American Journal of Political Science. He is the coordinator of the Law and the Behavioral Sciences Project and was a Fellow at the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences for 1994-5.
- Author(s)Gary W. Cox,Mathew D. McCubbins
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2007
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note36 tables
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.