All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised and updated edition contains 1400 recipes (nearly 100 new), including many adventurous innovations. There are new chapters on nutrition and healthy eating, and each of the almost 50 sections of the book has been updated to include the most recent information and methods.
- Author(s)Caroline Waldegrave,Prue Leith
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/10/1996
- GenreFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Out-of-print date30/08/2003
- Content Note100 line illustrations, 64 colour photographs, ind
- Weight1669 g
- Width204 mm
- Height255 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- dragea2121 Oct, 2014by
On a par with Mrs B and The Dairy Cook Book and its still in print!!!
Borrowed this book one Xmas from my B in Law as his Mum wanted Duck for Dinner.I don't like'Game'as I don't like the flavour/smell.This book converted me to eating Duck. Its easy to use and read and in print Will still be using Mrs Beeton and The Dairy Cook Book though!
- magsmartin08 May, 2013by
Buy one, if you can.
This book is the only one you will ever need, all the wonderful food I have cooked has come from this book. I bought another for a dear friend who also loves fine food. Fantastic reading. Just love love it.
- sharonlc6622 Feb, 2011by
Leith's Cookery Bible
I love this book. Prue Leith is a great cookery writer. The recipes are clear, concise and easy to follow. The range of dishes is wide and interesting, covering everyday meals and the more unusual recipes for the home cook who likes to experiment now and again. The book is substantial and well planned. The pictures are good to look at and the type-setting is great to work from. Whether you are new to cooking and meal planning, or an experienced cook, Leith's Cookery Bible should have pride of place on your cookery book shelf. It's exactly the type of book to look through when you need ideas or to simply browse through when you have a little quiet time and a cup of tea.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £6.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £10.77
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99