All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
About this product
- Author(s)Jens Hoyrup
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/12/2010
- Series TitleSources and Studies in the History of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note72 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight668 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2002
- Table Of ContentsI. Introduction / II. A New Reading / III. Select Textual Examples / IV. Methods / V. Further 'Algebraic' Texts / VI. Quasi-Algebraic Geometry / VII. Old Babylonian 'Algebra': A Global Characterization / VIII. The Historical Framework / IX. The 'Finer Structure' of the Old Babylonian Corpus / X. The Origin and Transformations of Old Babylonian Algebra / XI. Repercussions and Influences / XII. Index of Tablets / XIII. Index of Akkadian and Sumerian Terms and Key Phrases / XIV. Name Index / XV. Subject Index / XVI. Abbreviations and Bibliography
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.