Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £17.11
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £10.02
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.79Trending at £9.61
About this product
- DescriptionNoted historians select and reflect upon a single iconic photograph from the Civil War. The result is a remarkable set of essays by twenty-seven scholars whose numerous volumes on the Civil War have explored military, cultural, political, African American, women s, and environmental history.
- Author BiographyJ. Matthew Gallman is a professor of history at the University of Florida, USA and author of Mastering Wartime: A Social History of Philadelphia during the Civil War, America's Joan of Arc: The Life of Anna Elizabeth Dickinson, and the forthcoming Defining Duty in the Civil War: Personal Choice, Popular Culture, and the Union Home Front. Gary W. Gallagher is the John L. Nau III Professor of History at the University of Virginia, USA and author of eight books, including Becoming Confederates: Paths to a New National Loyalty (Georgia), The Union War, and Causes Won, Lost, and Forgotten: How Hollywood and Popular Art Shape What We Know about the Civil War.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleUncivil Wars
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note31 black & white photographs
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byGary W. Gallagher,J. Matthew Gallman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.