All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople in any type of relationship may find themselves addicted to a cycle of self-destructive behaviors. Looking at lesbian relationships, Costine explores how these behaviors result in unhappiness and loneliness, as she discusses different types of lesbian love addiction and offers guidance on healing and breaking the cycle.
- Author BiographyLauren Costine, PhD, is an LA-based therapist specializing in therapy with for lesbians. In addition to her therapeutic practice, Costine is an educator, activist, administrator, and author. She is currently the Chief Clinician and Founder of The LGBT-Affirmative Track at BLVD Treatment Centers - an intensive outpatient treatment center in Hollywood. She was one of the founding members and developers of The LGBT Specialization in Clinical Psychology at Antioch University Los Angeles (AULA), the nation's first LGBT-Affirmative program where she still teaches. Her involvement included the development and teaching of such popular courses as LGBT History & Myth, Lesbian Liberation and LGBT Community Action. Professionally, she has presented workshops at various national and regional conferences and has published a number of articles in such magazines as SheWired, Addiction Professional Magazine and Smart Lesbian Online Magazine. As an activist, Costine has helped produce a variety of grassroots psychological cultural events aimed to promulgate LGBT-Affirmative psychological ideas for the community in accessible ways through various mediums via The LGBT Specialization. She has a monthly written and video blog on her website, http://drlaurencostine.com, titled Dr. Costine's Commentary.
- Author(s)Lauren D. Costine
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- GenreMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note1 black & white halftones, 4 charts
- Weight422 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £8.52Trending at £8.66
- £15.50Trending at £20.99
- £8.90Trending at £10.15
- £6.92Trending at £9.09
- £6.99Trending at £9.96
- £9.99Trending at £11.99
- £15.93Trending at £19.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.