CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £13.69Trending at £14.47
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- Author(s)Eleazar Shafrir
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/01/2012
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleRev.Ser.Advs.Research Diab.Animals (Birkhauser)
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight662 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
- Table Of ContentsI Insulin Dependent Diabetes; B-Cell Function; B-Cell Destruction Mechanisms.- 1 Expression of glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) and its role as an autoantigen in insulin-dependent diabetes.- 2 Molecular genetics of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: Analysis of congenic strains.- 3 Role of macrophages and cytokines in B-cell death.- 4 Immunotherapy of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: Tolerance after short-term anti-Il-2 receptor/cyclosporine therapy in BB/OK rats.- 5 Role of retroviruses in the pathogenesis of diabetes with emphasis on the NOD mouse.- 6 Occurrence of pretype I diabetes (pre-IDDM) and type II diabetes (NIDDM) in BC1 [(NOD X Mus spretus) F1 X NOD] mice.- 7 Okamoto model for B-cell damage: Recent advances.- 8 Alloxan derivatives as a tool for the elucidation of the mechanism of the diabetogenic action of alloxan.- II Transgenic Animals In Diabetes Research.- 9 Role of glucokinase in regulation of insulin secretion: Lessons from transgenic mice.- 10 Consequences of human IAPP expression in transgenic mice.- 11 Immunostimulatory versus immunosuppressive roles of IL-10 in IDDM: Analysis with IL-10-producing transgenic NOD mice.- 12 Polyol accumulation versus diabetic retinopathy and nephropathy in transgenic mice expressing human aldose reductase.- 13 Transgenic hyperinsulinemia: A mouse model of insulin resistance and glucose intolerance without obesity.- III Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetes: New Models And Update On Existing Models. Diabetes Complications And Therapeutic Modalities.- 14 Spontaneously diabetic rat OLETF as a model for NIDDM in humans.- 15 Glucose and lipid metabolism in the gold thioglucose injected mouse model of diabesity.- 16 Diabetes in the Chinese hamster.- 17 Studies on the pathogenesis of NIDDM in the GK (Goto-Kakizaki) rat.- 18 Role of immune and non-immune aspects of genetics in different expressions of diabetes in db/db mice.- 19 Inositols-Potential roles in insulin action and in diabetes: Evidence from insulin-resistant nonhuman primates.- 20 Antidiabetic characteristics of dehydroepiandrosterone in animal and human studies.- 21 Endoneurial vessel abnormalities in diabetic animal models.- 22 Dog and rat models of diabetic retinopathy.- 23 Glucose homeostasis in three interstrains (La/N-BN/Crl cp/cp; Zuc 13M-BN/Crl fa/fa; and Zucl3M-LA/N/fa/cp) of genetically obese rats.- Author Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.