All listings for this product
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £13.00Trending at £17.05
- £10.00Trending at £10.89
- £8.00Trending at £8.83
- £9.66Trending at £11.01
- £7.51Trending at £10.02
- £7.62Trending at £7.78
- £3.59Trending at £3.63
About this product
- DescriptionThis Norton Critical Edition of arguably the greatest work of political theory written in the English language contains the bulk of Hobbes's treatise, including all chapters except those of interest primarily to professional historical scholars.
- Author BiographyRichard E. Flathman is George Armstrong Kelly Memorial Profesor of Political Science at Johns Hopkins University, where he has taught since 1976. His many books include Thomas Hobbes: Skepticism, Individuality and Chastened Politics; Willful Liberalism: Individuality and Volunteerism in Liberal Theory and Practice; and The Practice of Political Authority. David Johnston is Associate Professor of Political Science at Columbia University, where he has taught since 1986. He is the author of The Idea of a Liberal Theory: A Critique and Reconstruction and The Rhetoric of Leviathan: Thomas Hobbes and the Politics of Cultural Transformation.
- Author(s)Thomas Hobbes
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication07/11/1996
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Notenotes, bibliography, glossary
- Weight340 g
- Width145 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byDavid Johnston,Richard Flathman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.