All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £33.06Trending at £44.78
- £19.32Trending at £27.39
- £7.93Trending at £8.24
- £9.50Trending at £10.71
- £25.51Trending at £37.19
- £19.20Trending at £29.99
- £6.57Trending at £10.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe role of Islam in the modern state and the interpretation and implementation of Shari'a law are widely debated. The concept of Liberalism, as taken from the ideological writings of Ahmad Amin (1886-1954) and Husayn Amin (1932-), offers a unique view on the development and reception of these issues in 20th century Egyptian thought.
- Author BiographyMakoto Mizutani is an expert on Islamic and Middle Eastern affairs. He has published works in English, Arabic and Japanese. He is Academic Adviser to the Arabic and Islamic Institute in Tokyo, and holds a PhD in Middle East History from the University of Utah, USA.
- Author(s)Makoto Mizutani
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleLibrary of Modern Middle East Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.