Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.39Trending at £7.72
- £4.75Trending at £4.90
- £20.06Trending at £22.74
- £12.30Trending at £14.18
- £4.79Trending at £7.45
- £13.80Trending at £20.44
- £10.20Trending at £11.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis new addition to Springer's series Pioneers in Early Space Flight is the first book solely devoted to the United States' second manned space mission. It includes more than 100 photographs and first-hand accounts by those closely involved with the project.
- Author BiographyColin Burgess's first book, The Diggers of Colditz was published simultaneously in the U.K. and Australia in 1985. His next few books were on the Australian prisoner-of-war experience and then he turned his efforts to writing about his principal interest: human space exploration. Burgess has written a number of books on the subject for the University of Nebraska Press and Springer-Praxis. The books he has written or co-authored for Springer-Praxis are NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Animals in Space, The First Soviet Cosmonaut Team, and Selecting the Mercury Seven. Recently finished the copyediting/typesetting process is his latest book for Springer-Praxis, Moon Bound: Choosing and Preparing NASA's Lunar Astronauts. In the interim he has also worked as series editor and sometimes author for the Outward Odyssey set of 12 books on the social history of space exploration for the University of Nebraska Press.
- Author(s)Colin Burgess
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleSpringer Praxis Books / Space Exploration
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note191 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight518 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.