All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complex and fascinating picture of a woman questioning the cultural and gender expectations of nineteenth-century America while insightfully portraying rapidly changing reservation life.
- Author BiographyJoanna C. Scherer is an emeritus anthropologist at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History. She is the author of the award-winning book, A Danish Photographer of Idaho Indians: Benedicte Wrensted. Raymond J. DeMallie is Chancellors' Professor of Anthropology, codirector of the American Indian Studies Research Institute, and curator of North American Ethnology at the Mathers Museum at Indiana University. He is the editor of The Sixth Grandfather: Black Elk's Teachings Given to John G. Neihardt, available in a Bison Books edition.
- Author(s)Alice C. Fletcher
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in the Anthropology of North American Indians
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note13 photographs, 37 drawings, 3 musical examples, 1 map, 1 appendix
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJoanna Cohan Scherer,Raymond J. DeMallie
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.19
- £13.56Trending at £17.30
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.41
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £25.99Trending at £26.99
- £24.84Trending at £26.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.