Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £5.30+ £5.99 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by ammbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.82
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionAn interdisciplinary exploration on the theme of 'life' with contributions from eight leading scholars across the sciences, arts and humanities.
- Author BiographyWilliam Brown is a former Master of Darwin College and Professor of Industrial Relations in the Economics Faculty at the University of Cambridge. He was previously Director of the ESRC's Industrial Relations Research Unit at the University of Warwick. His research has been concerned with collective bargaining, pay determination, incomes policy, payment systems, arbitration, minimum wages, the impact of legislative change, and industrial relations in China. He was a foundation member of the Low Pay Commission, which fixes the UK's National Minimum Wage. He is a member of the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) Panel of Arbitrators and was an independent member of the ACAS Council. In 2002 he was awarded a CBE for services to employment relations. Andrew Fabian OBE is a Fellow of Darwin College and Royal Society Professor of Astronomy. He is the Director of the Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge and Fellow of the Royal Society. His research is in X-ray astronomy, involving black holes and clusters of galaxies. His most recent award was the Gold Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society in 2012. He has been involved in the Darwin College Lecture Series since their inception and enjoys interdisciplinary discussion.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleDarwin College Lectures
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note32 b/w illus. 9 colour illus. 3 tables
- Weight400 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byAndrew C. Fabian,William Brown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.