All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £11.99Trending at £13.34
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £10.15Trending at £14.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn Western societies, 'lifestyle' as an explanation for health and illness has become increasingly popular. Based on real doctor-patient consultations as well as interviews with doctors, this book explores the ambiguity of the term 'lifestyle' and the way it is conceived and applied within medicine.
- Author BiographyGary Easthope is an Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Tasmania, Australia. He has eclectic research interests and has published books, book chapters and articles on education, social research methods, ethnicity and health, disability, the wilderness movement, drug use and alternative medicine. Emily Hansen is a Research Fellow in the School of Medicine at the University of Tasmania. Her research interests include medical sociology, medical anthropology, general practice and primary health care.
- Author(s)Emily Hansen,Gary Easthope
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleCritical Studies in Health and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.