All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.29Trending at £12.53
- £4.85Trending at £4.92
- £6.99Trending at £7.10
- £6.60Trending at £6.99
- £14.01Trending at £20.37
- £11.94Trending at £20.00
- £10.58Trending at £12.92
About this product
- DescriptionThe amazing story of a heroic woman-the keeper of Lime Rock Lighthouse in Newport, Rhode Island.
- Author BiographyLenore Skomal is an author and career journalist with more than 25 years experience in all forms of media, including newspaper, radio broadcasting, the Internet and television. She is the author of 10 books, including Lady Liberty: The History of the Statue of Liberty (Cider Mill Press, Spring 2009) Her first nonfiction title, The Keeper of Lime Rock: The remarkable true story of Ida Lewis America's most famous female lighthouse keeper (Running Press, 2002) won prestigious honors from the New York Public Library and accolades from Publisher's Weekly and Booksense. Her weekly humor column and videocast (www.goerie.com) has won numerous Society of Professional Journalist awards, and her literary fiction Mother Dance placed in the top 100 of last year's Writer's Digest annual fiction writer's competition which drew over 18,000 entries. In addition to writing, she is an engaging public speaker with over 1000 public appearances and book tours over her career. Until recently, she also taught college journalism and creative writing at Allegheny College in Meadville, Pa. and Mercyhurst College in Erie, Pa.
- Author(s)Lenore Skomal
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Weight12 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.