All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnce they were portrayed as the salt of the earth. Nowadays, they take to the streets when paedophiles and asylum seekers are in their midst; they expose their lives in TV documentaries; they love Gucci and hate the Euro. The author defends the white working class against such slurs and caricatures.
- Author BiographyMichael Collins has worked as a journalist, scriptwriter and producer, his television credits including Peter York's Eighties for the BBC, and The National Alf, a look at comedy, culture and the working class as exemplified by the character of Alf Garnett. Since 1998, he has worked as a freelance journalist for The Sunday Telegraph, the Observer, the Guardian and the Independent. He lives in Frinton-on-Sea, Essex.
- Author(s)Michael Collins
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGranta Books
- Out-of-print date15/08/2012
- Width135 mm
- Height217 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.69Trending at £4.83
- £6.95Trending at £8.38
- £4.69Trending at £5.58
- £4.90Trending at £7.48
- £4.45Trending at £6.99
- £4.97Trending at £6.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.