Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.03Trending at £9.39
- £4.95Trending at £8.98
- £25.75Trending at £26.99
- £7.11Trending at £7.37
- £6.79Trending at £9.00
- £4.99Trending at £9.99
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionLimbinal, as its hybrid title suggests, voices the porous space between a limb's articulations and a liminal border.
- Author BiographyExploring the infinite social, political, intimate possibilities of language, Oana Avasilichioaei's work traverses textual architecture, orality, and multilingualism (We, Beasts, 2012, winner of the Quebec Writers' Federation A.M. Klein Prize for Poetry); translation and collaboration (Expeditions of a Chimaera, co-written with Erin Moure, 2009); geography and public space (feria: a poempark, 2008).In recent years, Avasilichioaei has also been mapping poetry into performative sound work (oanalab.com). Born in Romania and living in Montreal, Canada, she has translated poetry and prose from Romanian (Nichita Stanescu, Occupational Sickness, 2006, as well as Paul Celan) and from Quebecois French (Louise Cotnoir, The Islands, 2011; Daniel Canty, Wigrum, 2013; Bertrand Laverdure, Universal Bureau of Copyrights, 2014).Avasilichioaei has edited several magazine issues, including Poetry in Translation from Quebec, Aufgabe, New York, 2013, and The Mapping Issue, Dandelion, Calgary, 2011. Current projects include Thresholds, which transposes some of the work in Limbinal into sound performances and immersive installations, as well as a collaborative translation with Ingrid Pam Dick of Suzanne Leblanc's The House as P's Thinking, forthcoming 2015.
- Author(s)Oana Avasilichioaei
- PublisherTalon Books,Canada
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTalon Books,Canada
- Weight184 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.