Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines Lincoln's leadership by assessing his decision-making process and patterns in shaping military strategy, political affairs, and religious interests during the Civil War. In doing so, it shows how Lincoln defined the presidency in wartime, played the role of party chief, and pointed the moral compass of the nation.
- Author BiographyRandall M. Miller is the William Dirk Warren '05 Sesquicentennial Chair and Professor of History at Saint Joseph's University. He is author or editor of numerous books. Among his books related to the Civil War are, as coeditor, Religion and the American Civil War (Oxford University Press, 1998), and The Birth of the Grand Old Party: The Republicans' First Generation (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2002). His most recent book, coauthored with Paul Cimbala, is The Northern Home Front in the Civil War (Praeger, 2012). Allen C. Guelzo is the Henry R. Luce Professor of the Civil War Era and Director of Civil War Studies at Gettysburg College. He is the author of numerous books treating subjects from Jonathan Edwards, to evangelical Christianity, to Lincoln and the Civil War era. Among his recent books are Abraham Lincoln: Redeemer President (Eerdmans, 1999), which won the Lincoln Prize for 2000; Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation: The End of Slavery in America (Simon & Schuster, 2004), which won the Lincoln Prize for 2005; Lincoln and Douglas: The Debates That Defined America (Simon & Schuster, 2008); Abraham Lincoln as a Man of Ideas (Southern Illinois University Press, 2009); and Lincoln: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford University Press, 2009).
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2012
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleThe North's Civil War
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Note29 Illustrations, black and white
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byRandall M. Miller
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.