All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Rachel St. John
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication11/12/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleAmerica in the World
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note20 halftones. 3 maps.
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments vii Introduction 1 Chapter One: A New Map for North America: Defining the Border 12 Chapter Two: Holding the Line: Fighting Land Pirates and Apaches on the Border 39 Chapter Three: Landscape of Profits: Cultivating Capitalism across the Border 63 Chapter Four: The Space Between: Policing the Border 90 Chapter Five: Breaking Ties, Building Fences: Making War on the Border 119 Chapter Six: Like Night and Day: Regulating Morality with the Border 148 Chapter Seven: Insiders/Outsiders: Managing Immigration at the Border 174 Conclusion 198 Notes 209 Bibliography 249 Index 273
- Author BiographyRachel St. John is associate professor of history at New York University.
- PrizesCommended for Spur Award: Best Western Nonfiction - Contemporary 2012.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £33.06Trending at £45.03
- £19.32Trending at £27.54
- £7.82Trending at £8.29
- £9.50Trending at £10.77
- £8.62Trending at £17.08
- £13.91Trending at £19.02
- £19.20Trending at £30.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.