Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £25.01
- £26.30Trending at £27.03
- £17.70Trending at £25.48
- £20.30Trending at £27.00
- £16.38Trending at £16.87
- £24.99Trending at £30.38
- £20.87Trending at £21.21
About this product
- Author(s)Stephanie Frank Singer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/11/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight578 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
- Table Of ContentsSetting the Stage.- Linear Algebra over the Complex Numbers.- Complex Scalar Product Spaces (a.k.a. Hilbert Spaces).- Lie Groups and Lie Group Representations.- New Representations from Old.- Irreducible Representations and Invariant Integration.- Representations and the Hydrogen Atom.- The Algebra so(4) Symmetry of the Hydrogen Atom.- The Group SO(4) Symmetry of the Hydrogen Atom.- Projective Representations and Spin.- Independent Events and Tensor Products.
- Author BiographyStephanie Frank Singer received her Ph.D. in Mathematics from the Courant Institute in 1991. In 2002 she resigned her tenured professorship at Haverford College. Since then she has been writing and consulting independently. Her first book was Symmetry In Mechanics: A Gentle, Modern Introduction.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.