Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.69Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.91Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
About this product
- DescriptionProvides the history of the Indian railways. from the design of carriages to the architecture of stations, employment hierarchies, and the construction of employee housing, this book explores the public spaces and social relationships created by the railway bureaucracy. It traces their influence on the formation of Indian nationalism.
- Author BiographyLaura Bear is lecturer in anthropology at the London School of Economics and Political Science. She is the author of the novel The Jadu House: Intimate Histories of Anglo-India.
- Author(s)Laura Bear
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleCultures of History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight652 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.